Alerts & Updates
Due to the weather and flooding, the Arboretum is closed today Friday, July 19th.
Advance Tickets Required for All Visitors (Including Members)
The Morris Arboretum is excited to announce that is reopening to the public on Thursday, June 18th. Members may reserve tickets starting Monday, June 15th with non-member tickets available Wednesday, June 17th. Please know that we are working to keep you as safe as we possibly can.
The City of Philadelphia mandates that all visitors age 2 and older wear face coverings.
- If you feel sick, stay home.
- One-way circulation on paths to facilitate social distancing.
- The Visitor Center, the Shop, and Compton Cafe are temporarily closed, but picnicking will be permitted in certain areas.
- The Garden Railway, Out on a Limb, the Fernery and the Log Cabin are temporarily closed.
- Restrooms are open and sanitized regularly.
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the Arboretum.
- Bring your own water and snacks.
- Guest passes, Library passes, and RAP reciprocal admissions are not accepted at this time.
Unfortunately, Out on a Limb will be closed on Wednesday, January 29th through Friday, January 31, 2020 due to scheduled maintenance.
The Garden Railway will not be operational from 2:00 PM Friday (July 19) through the weekend (July 20-21).
The trains will open for normal operation on Monday, July 22nd. Our Train Master reported that the trains will not operate in the excessive heat, citing electrical, track and rolling stock failures.
The Arboretum is open as usual. Click here for hours.
Garden Railway trains are not running Saturday, September 8th and Sunday, September 9th due to inclement weather.
Please note: The Rose Garden is closed for maintenance every Thursday morning until noon.
Weather conditions may limit garden access to certain features even if the garden is open – please check the web site or call (215) 247-5777 for updates before visiting. Our visitors’ safety in the garden is our top priority. Therefore when inclement weather is predicted, we will make decisions about closing the garden accordingly.