Summer of Swings Photo Contest
Calling all photographers—professionals, hobbyists, and everyone in between!
Our Summer of Swings exhibition includes 10 swings across the Arboretum, and we want to see you capture the magic and joy of soaring on a swing in our gardens.
HOW TO ENTER
- Visit the Morris Arboretum and take a photo of you and/or a loved one on a swing.
- Post it on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
- Follow and tag @morrisarboretum with the hashtag #summerofswings.
- The winning photograph will be featured (with credit) on our Summer of Swings webpage
- An INDIVIDUAL YEAR MEMBERSHIP to the Arboretum, which includes:
- FREE unlimited admission for an entire year
- 10% Discount in The Shop and Compton Café
- Complimentary one-time use general admission guest passes
- Discounts on educational classes, field trips, and excursions
- Free member plant at the Member Plant Giveaway event
- Reciprocal admission privileges to more than 300 gardens and arboreta
- Contest closes Thursday, August 25 at 11:59pm EST.
- Winners will be announced on Monday, August 29 and notified via direct message, as well as tagged in the winner announce post across Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Reminder: account must be set to public to enter
- TAP LINK IN BIO FOR MORE IMPORTANT CONTEST INFO
Contest entries will be judged by a jury of four highly specialized Arboretum employees with impeccable photographic taste, otherwise known as the Marketing department, on the following criteria:
- Representation of Morris Arboretum (50%) – Points for showcasing the unique sense of place that can only be found within our gardens.
- Creativity (25%) – Points for originality.
- Photo (25%) – Points for aesthetic appeal, including balanced color and lighting.
- All entries must tag and follow @morrisarboretum and include the hashtag #summerofswings
- Submissions will not be accepted after the August 25, 2022 deadline.
- All photos must be original work, taken by the entrants.
- By entering the Summer of Swings photo contest, entrants agree that photos submitted can be used by the Morris Arboretum on our social media pages with photographer credit.
Have questions? Send us a DM on social media at @morrisarboretum or email firstname.lastname@example.org.